Application for Fellowship of AfN
Registrants with at least five years continuous full registration as a Registered Nutritionist may apply for Fellowship of the AfN. Applicants must demonstrate significant and sustained contribution to advancement of nutrition practice, research or education at a national or international level.
How to apply:
- Read the AfN Fellowship Application Guidance document
- Identify two referees, ideally both Fellows of the Association and/or Registered Nutritionists, otherwise senior nutrition professionals who can comment authoritatively on your work.
- Complete the AfN Fellowship Application Form and FAfN Criteria Mapping Form
- Details of two referees who will be asked to confirm:
- Name of the applicant
- Confirmation that they have seen and agree with all statements within the application form, mapping form and CV
- Description of how they know the applicant
- A statement of their view of the applicant’s standing/professional achievements against the objective of Fellowship; that Fellowship of the AfN is awarded to those who have advanced nutrition science at a national or international level.
- Submit a copy of your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must complete your application in English, with a concise, comprehensive summary of your professional achievements, displaying the presentation and communication skills to be expected of a senior professional.
What Happens Next
Your submission will be considered by the Fellows’ Nomination Committee. The Committee will recommend, in confidence, at the next AfN Council to either:
- Award a Fellowship of the AfN
- Not to award a Fellowship of the AfN (if agreed brief, informal feedback from the Committee will be supplied on how you might work further towards meeting the criteria for Fellowship).
Applications can be submitted at any time. The Fellowship Committee may wish to ask you questions or request further information to support your application. The AfN Council meets four times per year and you will be informed of their decision by the AfN Registration Manager, soon after the meeting takes place.
If you are awarded a Fellowship of the AfN, an annual fellowship fee of £46 will be included on your renewal invoice alongside your UKVRN retention fee, commencing when your next renewal is due. Please note – failure to renew either your Fellow’s membership or your UKVRN Registration will result in your Fellowship of the AfN ceasing.
At present, there is no application fee for Fellowship of the AfN.
For more information please contact: email@example.com
- Search the Register
- Apply for Registration (Registration Rules and Procedures)
- Transfer from ANutr to RNutr
- Fellow of AfN
- Registration FAQ’s
- UKVRN Declarations
- Update your details
- Why register?