Becoming a Registered Nutritionist (RNutr) via Portfolio
How to Apply:
- Read the Guidance Notes for Application for Registered Nutritionist via Portfolio before completing your application
- Read BOTH the Competency Requirements Registered Associate Nutritionist
and the Competency Requirements Registered Nutritionist
(You may find this template helpful for collating your evidence ahead of transferring the information to the online form below)
- Read the AfN Standards of Ethics, Conduct and Performance (Please note the updated standards come into effect from 1 Jan 2022)
- Complete the online application below
uploading your CV, supporting statement, portfolio of evidence, a certified copy of your photographic identification and certified degree certificate/transcript(s)
- Make your payment (application + first years registration – £361 (+ £102 if applying for dual specialism) – your application will then be forwarded to the Registration Team.
- References will then be requested and once received sent to an assessor for review.
Applications and payments are now submitted online via this website.
The evidence portion of RNutr Portfolios must not exceed the equivalent of 50 pages of A4 (therefore equaling a max of 100 digital pages). Do not send entire or large documents, but instead send just the relevant portion of the document.
Please inform your referees of your application, as we will contact these shortly after receipt of your application and will not be able to send your portfolio to an assessor until references have been received and all other documentation has been confirmed as enclosed.
ID and Degree Certificates/Transcripts can be certified as true copies of the original documents by any individual of professional standing, providing they are not related to you, do not live at the same address as yourself and is not a close personal friend.
Applications without payment will not be forwarded to the registration team for processing.
Please ensure that you use the same email address in the application form below and when providing your details for payment. Applications and payments are linked together by email address, and if these don’t match, your application could be delayed.
If you need further help, please see our FAQ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Search the Register
- Apply for Registration (Registration Rules and Procedures)
- Transfer from ANutr to RNutr
- Fellow of AfN
- Registration FAQ’s
- UKVRN Declarations
- Update your details
- Why register?