ABL Health, aims to provide high-quality, evidence-based nutritional care that is clinically and cost-effective. The service works with various health professionals, partner departments and organisations, including GP practices and other community services.
You will join a new team comprising a Head of Service, nutritionists, therapists, exercise specialists and administrators. The post holder will work within the wider MDT of GP’s, psychologists, dietitians, nutritionists, exercise specialists and healthy lifestyle advisors to provide dietetic expertise for the Weight Management Service. This will involve providing diet patient care, contributing to MDT, supervising and supporting the nutrition element of the service, leading clinics and supporting group education and intervention sessions. Development of resources and staff training is also included. The interventions can occur via telephone, digital platforms or face-to-face community venues across the footprint. You will be supported by the Obesity lead, service manager, project lead and the wider MDT.
To assist the existing team in providing quality nutrition input within ABL Health. You will work closely with other nutritionists and MDT members for patient care and ongoing service development. Additionally, you will provide specialist advice within ABL Health and externally to colleagues, GPs, nurses, and other health care professionals who attend Care Coordinator meetings. The role will require dynamic working that embraces the vision and values we wish to establish for the Children and Young People’s specialist weight management service to support people to achieve healthy lives.
ABL’s highly experienced and friendly multi-disciplinary team of Health and Social Care professionals, Business Intelligence, Service Development, Governance, Finance and Business Development are there to support. Additionally, existing experienced delivery teams will be available to support you to drive the Service forward.
You will be passionate about working with individuals to begin the life changing processes necessary for permanent and continued weight loss and weight maintenance.
You will understand challenges and barriers that adults face with relation to their health (both physical and mental) and wellbeing. You will engage with and build a good rapport with adults from varying communities across Oldham.
Some essential criteria for the role:
- Degree in nutrition and registered with Association for Nutrition (AFN), as a Registered Associate Nutritionist (ANutr)
- Experience of delivering health promotion / public health interventions in community settings.
- CIMSPA (previously REPS) qualified Level 2 Gym instructor/Group exercise award or equivalent
- Previous experience managing or mentoring people at either induvial or team level.
- Confident and able to produce written reports under tight deadlines.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Pro-active approach and ability to work on own initiative.
- The ability to travel independently across the organisational footprint.
- Work flexibly and adapt to suit service need including evening and occasional weekend work as required