Drive product quality, safety, integrity and legality, delivering customer satisfaction, continuous improvement and competitive advantage, acting as the owner/guardian of accurate and transparent information for the McDonald’s business, restaurant teams and customers.
What will my accountabilities be?
Principles accountabilities include, but is not limited to the following areas:
- Supporting the QA, FS & N team with planning and organisation of:
- Team meetings/supplier visits
- Food tasting sessions
- Quality Summits
- ATCQ Team engagement
- Building knowledge of our internal systems.
- Supporting the updating of customer facing touch points, including corporate website, menu boards and apps.
- Supporting the Company Nutritionist with updating McDonald’s Nutrition and Allergen procedures.
- Collaborate with suppliers to collate and calculate annual nutrition analysis
- Supporting the Food Development process from briefing stage to evaluating ingredients, allergens and nutrition information.
The role will entail working cross-functionally with Quality Assurance, Food Safety, Purchasing, Food Development, Marketing and IT teams.
What Team will I be a part?
This is a role within McDonald’s UK & Ireland. You will work within the Quality Assurance, Nutrition and Food Safety team, which sits within the Supply Chain team at McDonald’s. This role will report in to the Nutrition & Food Safety Manager.
Who are my customers?
This role will work across internal stakeholders including Hygiene and Safety, Operations, Food Development, Customer Services, Supply Chain, Training, Communications, Marketing, Legal, McDonald’s Global Supply Chain and Executive level McDonald’s management.
Along with external stakeholders such as Suppliers, Centres of Excellence, Local enforcement bodies – Trading Standards, EHO’s and NGO’s – non government organisations (lobbying groups, Greenpeace etc).
What background do I need to have?
- Have a Degree (or equivalent) in Nutrition, Food Science or a related subject
Key ‘soft skills’ /attributes include:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a great level of numeracy skills
- Proactive, ability to work on own initiative
- Information management / data analysis
- Excellent attention to detail / a ‘getting it right first time’ approach
- Time Management, Planning and Organising – ability to manage multiple projects & tasks concurrently, and deliver to deadlines.
- Teamwork / Collaboration
- Communication – strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- identifies opportunities to improve/simplify
- Customer Focus – both internal and external customers and consumers
- Acts with integrity and a food safety culture approach
- Behaves in line with McDonalds values and culture
- IT skills – competent to an intermediate level in Microsoft Office,with a reliable internet connection for remote/home working (if remote/hybrid)
- You will be required to work routinely in home and office environments and have the ability to travel domestically occasionally depending on business needs.
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life…
People are at the heart of everything we do and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers.
We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers give us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere.”
Who are McDonald’s?
McDonald’s is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day; in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We’re a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture…
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and in the UK and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better together