Hammersmith and Fulham Food For All Partnership (previous called Food Strategy Group) is newly established and aims to bring a range of policies together to support residents. Our vision is a borough where everyone has the opportunity to eat healthy sustainable food. Nourish Hub chairs the FSG along with Hammersmith and Fulham Foodbank and the partnership has established partners working on the ground across a number of areas. LBHF Council have developed the Food Plan and strategy in place and have recently finalised their climate emergency strategy. As a borough we continue to recover from the pandemic and into a cost of living crisis, all of which contribute to the growing importance place on the value of food.
- The Project Coordinator will be self-driven and proactive person. This is very much a community based role and expect the successful candidate to be confident in communicating with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds. Objectives include…
- Coordination a diverse cross-sector food partnership/network; developing and strengthening relationships between VCS organisations in the local area and between the local authority local community food providers.
- Management and development of governance structures – this includes chairing if applicable and liaising with partnership members.
- Development and oversight of consultation for collaborative strategy and action planning, involving multiple partners.
- Identifying funding opportunities and bid writing.
- Ensuring inclusion & diversity is represented in both the food plan and future collaborations and consultations.
- Management of projects led by the food partnership taken from the food strategy or action plans e.g.
- Improving the understanding of emergency food need across the borough, the provision being offered and analyse the impact of programme models.
- Developing links with food partnerships across the capital and develop models of best practice to be used across the partnership.
- Supporting coordination of food aid, including delivery of food surplus, duplications of food offers, referral pathways and joint data collection.
- Developing actions to support food access for residents, including the hard to reach.
- Supporting the partnership in embedding holistic support to address root causes of food poverty, including helping the food aid organisations to implement Cost of Living Alliance deliverables.
- Reviewing and developing actions to support a healthier food environment including across schools, hospitals, retailers and advertising.
- Supporting the borough to become a Sustainable Food Place and review progress against Sustain Good Food for all Londoners deliverables.
- Seek and develop opportunities, including funding, to strengthen the work of the partnership and its sustainability,
- Monitor and review progress of the partnership holding it to account against action plans and the wider local food strategy.