We are looking to grow our team by hiring a nutrition counsellor.
This is an exciting opportunity for a flexible, freelance role for a nutrition counsellor to join our small but growing team at The Food Therapy Centre.
At The Food Therapy Centre we work in a client-centred, trauma-informed, and collaborative way with our clients, where we show up as equals. Our work is often therapeutic in nature, creating a bridge between traditional nutrition work and counselling/psychotherapy.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about delivering weight-inclusive care in a 1-to-1 setting with clients who wish to improve their relationship with food and their bodies.
In addition to building and managing a client caseload, the successful candidate will be responsible for aiding more senior members of the team in content creation, wider company projects, and miscellaneous administrative work.
You will be given training in non-diet approaches, body image, and nutrition interventions for specific health conditions (although any experience of this is advantageous) as well as relevant counselling skills. You will also be given opportunities to shadow experienced practitioners in the clinic, and given any necessary training in the administrative skills required to manage a client caseload.
- Conduct 1-to-1 virtual nutrition consultations with clients, working with a variety of concerns such as disordered eating, gut health, PCOS, etc.
- Manage a client case-load including contact outside of 1-to-1 consultations and associated administrative work.
- Contribute to ideas and content for various social media pages.
- Collaborate on and contribute to company projects such as courses and webinars.
- The role may include other reasonable and similar responsibilities.
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum of a BSc in Nutrition and/or Dietetics
- Eligible for registration or already registered with either Association for Nutrition (A/RNutr) or Health Care Professions Council (RD).
- Professional interest in intuitive eating, non-diet nutrition, and weight-inclusive care.
- Personal and/or professional experience of the issues and concerns LGBTQ+ clients may face.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to work remotely and virtually with appropriate technical equipment.
- Clinical experience in 1-1 consultations
- Familiarity with software such as Canva, Zoom, Teachable and WordPress
- Additional training in behaviour change or counselling skills (or willingness to pursue basic training in counselling)
- Experience and/or training in body image work
How to apply
Please send the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm (BST) Monday 31st July. Late applications will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on 15th, 17th, and 19th August on Zoom.
The position will start from 12th September or as soon as possible thereafter.
This is a remote position, working virtually with opportunities to join team meetings in London.