Overview of Role:
The nutrition compliance manager for Chartwells will be responsible for the day-to-day management of compliance and nutrition queries and other food and menu related requests across the sector. They will be the direct representative of the Technical and Compliance team with key stakeholders including marketing and food development for all sub sectors of Chartwells. They will support the entire end to end Food Development Process ensuring compliance and nutrition is considered at all stages from ingredients, recipes and menus. They will ensure all sectors and food offers within Chartwells are compliant to relevant legislation including compliance to bespoke legislation such as Scotland, Wales or Government Buying Standards as well as Chartwells own commitments. They will project manage any current or future food-based initiatives that arise within Chartwells that enhance our health and wellbeing message.
The role will be a highly visible one supporting a range of Chartwells stakeholders including operators, chefs, marketing teams, parents and clients where required.
This role is responsible for reacting appropriately to the challenges we face in these areas and regularly assessing our provision to ensure we are meeting the needs of the business overall.
The Compliance and Medical Diet Nutritionist will report directly into the Head of Technical and Compliance supporting other business needs where required.
Who you are:
- BSc degree in Nutrition or equivalent
- Associate or Registered Nutritionist
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within the industry
- Knowledge of School Food Standards.
- Knowledge and experience of Saffron Nutrition / The Source
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage high workloads
- Ability to solve problems finding resolve for all stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly gain credibility with key stakeholders