An exciting opportunity exists to join the internationally renowned the Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences at the University of Reading as a Lecturer in Human Nutrition within Hugh Sinclair Unit of Human Nutrition.
Our world-learning research in nutrition focuses on delivering nutritious, healthy and sustainable diets for prevention of diseases. We are at the heart of Reading’s Agriculture, Food and Health research theme and the Institute for Food, Nutrition and Health with close collaborations with Royal Berkshire hospital. This extends our capabilities to provide evidence-based nutrition research to promote health through the lifecourse, with determination of mechanisms of action and effective methods of dietary assessment through innovative research that underpins the impacts of diet on health.
Our researchers work in a collaborative environment in a number of thematic areas with the overall aim of addressing global challenges in nutrition science through:
- Development, delivery and assessment of effective diets throughout the life course
- Impact of plant-based diets and phytochemicals on cardiometabolic and cognitive health.
- Personalised diets and interactions between nutrients and genes
- Macronutrient quality and quantity in health promotion
You will have:
- PhD in an appropriate specialist area related to food and nutritional sciences.
- The proven potential to undertake independent high-quality original research, secure competitive research funding and publish high impact journal papers.
- The ability to engage in and take responsibility for delivery of teaching and learning to undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Excellent communication skills