Exciting part-time (3 days/week) opportunity to manage the day-to-day running of the Hugh Sinclair Unit, an internationally renowned research-intensive human nutrition unit with over 15 dietary intervention studies annually, including up to 1500 volunteer visits as a job-share.
The successful candidate will be responsible for administrative duties related to:
- Managing the effective and efficient day-to-day running of the Hugh Sinclair Unit
- Overseeing the use of the Unit, such as booking of rooms and use of equipment. Organising renewal of equipment service contracts.
- Liaise with staff, students, and Hugh Sinclair Unit colleagues to ensure a positive working relationship between all stakeholders.
- Train and provide technical supervision for staff and students in the use of equipment and techniques.
- Assisting with overseeing the budget for resources and equipment
- Uphold professional working practices and environment. Maintaining up to date records of qualifications, training and vaccinations of researchers using the Hugh Sinclair Unit.
- Developing creative and effective methods of recruiting volunteers for dietary intervention studies run within the Hugh Sinclair Unit of Human Nutrition
- Leading on social media presence of the Hugh Sinclair Unit of Human Nutrition activities and the website updates
- Co-ordination and maintenance of the Hugh Sinclair volunteer database.
- Meeting and greeting study volunteers and all visitors to the Unit
- Supervising and overseeing those within the Hugh Sinclair Unit, including research staff, students and human volunteers.
- Assist in communication with study volunteers and researchers in relation to study appointments.
- Responsible for Nutrition Research Group outreach activities including UCAS days, 6th Form Summer School and Open Days
- Delivery of relevant training to researchers and students such anthropometric measurements
- Assisting with volunteer visits including food preparation, conducting questionnaires
- The post holder will be required to liaise with other departments and research institutes internally within the University including ICMR/CINN/finance and externally such as insurance companies, local GP surgeries, local radio, TV and newspapers for recruitment purposes.