About the role
In this role you will own the delivery of programmes that support IGD’s ambition to make healthy and sustainable diets easy and accessible for everyone through nurturing and growing our network of external and internal stakeholders and partners to inform our approach and maximise impact.
Acting as an ambassador for IGD’s Health and Sustainable Diets agenda internally and externally, your areas of responsibilities will include:
Managing key programmes within IGD’s Health and Sustainable Diets pillar, successfully delivering positive outcomes and meeting set targets and budgets through:
- Demonstrating specialist knowledge to deliver high quality and valuable results for stakeholders
- Receiving, interpreting, and imparting information and ideas, both written and spoken, to a wide range of stakeholders
- Responsibility for the development and delivery of relevant content (published reports, presentations of results, briefing notes, online content) in partnership with IGD colleagues, industry stakeholders, delivery partners and external consultants.
- Building long-term trusting relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, to inform our approach and drive engagement across the health pillar
- Presenting at external events and conferences to raise awareness of IGD’s Health and Sustainable Diets Programme
- Raising awareness of Health and Sustainable Diets across IGD, ensuring internal understanding and supporting colleagues with your expertise
What you bring to the role:
- Experience working in/with the UK food and consumer goods industry.
- Experience with health and nutrition, regulatory affairs, scientific food related area
- A dynamic planner with strong project management skills, highly motivated with the ability to drive programmes forward under own initiative, well organised, capable of working under pressure and adopting a flexible approach to meet changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, experience managing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, a team player with the ability to collaborate with colleagues across the organisation.
- Willingness to be flexible and work across a broad range of health and nutrition issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Educated to degree level in food related science, nutrition, or behaviour change (ideally with RNutr or ANutr status)
More about IGD:
IGD is a truly unique place, we connect and inspire, provoking and leading constructive debate that creates impact. Together we are working to make a tangible difference for Society, Business, and the Individual.
We use in-depth commercial understanding to uncover rich insights and data, leading to action that powers success.
We reinvest profit from our Trading company into delivering Social Impact, through the Charity, aimed at uniting and mobilising our industry around the most crucial issues affecting society and business today.