Who are we? /About Us
Working in healthcare is a privilege for us; facilitating people to live long and healthy lives is something that motivates us. At Embla, we are a strong entrepreneurial team, we have an informal culture and we are thrilled by helping our members to the best of our abilities through digital tools, medication, and coaching. The company was founded in December 2021 In Copenhagen, Denmark with the passion of solving the biggest global healthcare problem currently, obesity. In October 2022, we started an office in London.
Things are going well for Embla – we just received a big Series A investment and we are expecting to grow a lot in the next couple of years!
Are you an experienced Health Coach who is passionate about taking people by the hand and supporting them to lose weight and motivating them to maintain the weight loss? Do you have a beating heart for start-ups? Then you might be the Health Coach we’re looking for!
Your tasks as a coach
As a coach, you’ll be the backbone to the members weight-loss program, being a big part of their support team, giving them guidance, making sure they feel safe and well informed. Here at Embla, we’re passionate about helping people lose weight and for them to maintain their weight loss for good. We strive to bring the most recent scientific evidence into our practice and make it accessible to the members. Providing a good service is at the top of our agenda and is essential to being a coach with us. Your tasks will mainly consist of:
- Onboarding new members and planning individual programs with new members
- Ongoing coaching and support for members via video calls and messaging
- Helping to maintain a library full of helpful information
- Create new recipes to inspire members
- Working as part of the coaching team to support and upskill each other, or to share your knowledge from your expert area.
Qualifications (requirements must be met):
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in sports, public health or similar.
- You are a Registered Nutritionist (ANutr or RNutr)
- You have experience with coaching
- You can work independently and help us build the UK office
- You are fluent in English orally and in writing
- You have an interest in physical activity, diet and nutrition
- You are empathetic, patient, outgoing and service minded
- You are structured and have good time management
- You can identify with our values; Openness, respect and credibility