About The Role
Our corporate service team is growing and we are looking for an ambitious Assistant Nutritionist to join our team. The successful candidate will support the Company Nutritionist in the implementation of nutrition projects and in the development of a program of nutrition activities across the business, with a focus on improving awareness and understanding of corporate commitments and policy.
The role is also required to support the conditions of the relevant professional body (AfN or BDA) and therefore the ideal candidate will be passionate about maintaining knowledge, awareness and understanding of current and emerging nutrition trends and review of nutrition and health publications, as well as competitor activity.
- Effective creation & implementation of internal and external nutrition projects.
- Ability to identify and support delivery of improvement plans.
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues on nutrition policy.
- Support colleague engagement on nutrition.
- Work with stakeholders to implement plans.
- Influence teams to provide support and data as required.
- Identify key areas of nutrition and health relevant to the business.
- Provide solutions to the business.
- Implement improvement projects and agree actions plans where non-compliance with policy exists.
- Improving customer perception of our business to drive footfall and loyalty to the brand
Role Specific Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Background in nutrition/food science with ANutr / RD status
- Knowledge of current legislation and Government policy which shape the food and public health agenda
- Experience of reporting, data presentation and comms
- Good communications skills and ability to build great working relationships
- Strong analytical and writing skills, to deliver a skilled approach to communicating nutrition
- Ability to manage workload with enthusiasm, dedication and high degree of self-motivation
- Ability to interpret data and analyse trends
- Committed to professional registration and CPD
- Experience in reporting and analysis of nutrition data and preferably nutrient profiling
- Experience of delivering nutrition communications and projects within a business, ideally in an FMCG or retail environment.