AfN is seeking to appoint members to its new Quality Assurance (non-degree) Committee. This committee will oversee our non-degree quality assurance schemes. These include Course Certification of nutrition training for those working below nutritionist level within the Catering, Fitness & Leisure and Health & Social Care sectors, CPD Endorsement of activities to support UKVRN Registrants’ continuing professional development and the Content Assurance of nutrition resources for the support of the AfN UG Curriculum in Nutrition for Medical Doctors. This is an exciting time to take up this role and will provide an opportunity to help shape these schemes.
The duties of Committee Members include:
- actively participating in meetings of the Committee in accordance with the terms of reference and the responsibilities described therein;
- supporting the development of assessor training and support resources;
- contributing to the development and promotion of the quality assurance schemes;
- responding to emails and requests arising in between meetings for matters where the committee has delegated responsibility;
- occasionally undertake assessments and/ or mentor new assessors when appropriate (such as second opinion assessments);
- liaising with AfN staff to support the smooth running of AfN and the quality assurance schemes.
- Three meetings per annum, each lasting around two hours, usually held online
- Meeting preparation – approx. one hour per meeting
- Follow up actions – occasional, approx. one to two hours per meeting
- Participation in annual assessor trainings
This is a voluntary position without remuneration. Expenses will be paid in accordance with the AfN expenses policy
The successful candidate will
- Have an understanding of quality assurance and/or certification of training courses and resources
- Have experience as a committee or working group member (or equivalent role)
The successful candidate is likely to
- Be a Registered Associate Nutritionist (ANutr) or Registered Nutritionist (RNutr)
- Have experience of contributing to the creation and/or delivery of nutrition training to nutritionists
- Have experience of contributing to the creation and/or delivery of nutrition training to the wider (non-nutritionist) workforce
- Have experience as a certification or CPD assessor
- Have a working knowledge of AfN’s quality assurance frameworks, standards and procedures.