AfN Course Certification - Eligibility and Benefits
Is My Course Eligible for AfN Certification?
Before a course can be considered the Organisation must have efficient and transparent administrative process in place: organiser’s address, invoicing address, course title, course contents, fees (if any), attendance details.
AfN Certification recognises training courses which uphold its values to promote and demonstrate the use of evidence-based science to underpin learning and teaching, using information and concepts from recognised authorities such as NICE, SACN, etc. If a course is based upon naturopathy or alternative and complementary nutritional or allied therapies, certification cannot occur.
Please ensure that you have read the AfN Course Certification Terms & Conditions prior to applying.
Benefits of AfN Course Certification
- Clear demonstration that your course is evidence based and delivered to AfN standards.
- Alignment with AfN values and reputation.
- Exclusive use of numbered AfN Certification logo on course literature and promotional materials.
- Public listing on this website enabling visitors to explore career and training opportunities and continuing professional development activities.
- Targeted promotion of your course to healthcare professionals and workers.
AfN does not provide training courses itself, but provides quality assurance of the education activities of external training providers. The AfN Certified Courses on this website are provided by training providers independent of AfN.
Completion of an AfN Certified Course does not make an individual eligible for registration as either an Associate or Registered Nutritionist, nor does it qualify the individual as a Certified Diet Advisor, Nutrition Advisor, Weight Specialist, Nutrition Assistant or any other such title.
- Frequently asked questions about study and careers
- What nutritionists do?
- Becoming a Nutritionist
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Supporting The Wider Workforce