AfN Course Certification
AfN Course Certification signals evidence-based training which meets ethical, scientific and quality standards, as defined in the Competence Frameworks in Nutrition (AfN 2012/2015).
AfN Certified Courses have been independently assessed by experts in the field and carry one of our uniquely numbered AfN Certified Course logos – providing a clear demonstration to potential students and employers that the course is delivered to AfN’s high standards, using nutrition science information and concepts from recognised authorities to underpin the teaching.
AfN Certified Courses are ideal for individuals who deliver nutrition information to the public as a part of their job/volunteering role at level 3, 4 or 5+ on the Public Health and Skills Careers Framework, or at levels 1-4 of the RQF, and wish to update or extend their nutrition knowledge.
Is My Course Eligible for AfN Certification?
Before a course can be considered the Organisation must have efficient and transparent administrative process in place: organiser’s address, invoicing address, course title, course contents, fees (if any), attendance details.
AfN Certification recognises training courses which uphold its values to promote and demonstrate the use of evidence-based science to underpin learning and teaching, using information and concepts from recognised authorities such as NICE, SACN, etc. If a course is based upon naturopathy or alternative and complementary nutritional or allied therapies, certification cannot occur.
Please ensure that you have read the AfN Certification Terms & Conditions prior to applying.
Benefits of AfN Course Certification
- Clear demonstration that your course is evidence based and delivered to AfN standards.
- Alignment with AfN values and reputation.
- Exclusive use of numbered AfN Certification logo on course literature and promotional materials.
- Public listing on this website enabling visitors to explore career and training opportunities and continuing professional development activities.
- Targeted promotion of your course to healthcare professionals and workers.
AfN does not provide training courses itself, but provides quality assurance of the education activities of external training providers. The AfN Certified Courses on this website are provided by training providers independent of AfN.
Completion of an AfN Certified Course does not make an individual eligible for registration as either an Associate or Registered Nutritionist, nor does it qualify the individual as a Certified Diet Advisor, Nutrition Advisor, Weight Specialist, Nutrition Assistant or any other such title.
- Frequently asked questions about study and careers
- What nutritionists do?
- Becoming a Nutritionist
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Wider Workforce / AfN Certified Courses