Do you believe the public and employers should be able to quickly and easily identify qualified and competent professionals when seeking nutrition support?
If you are an experienced team leader with a passion for upholding high standards the registration of nutrition professionals, we have a role for you.
The successful individual will be a key member of our team, responsible for leading on the delivery of our registration activities and delivering our ambitious plans to grow the Register and promote the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists (UKVRN). You will be an experienced team leader, with the drive and ability to develop and manage the UKVRN and our Registration team. You will work closely with our committee members, supporting and advising the Chairs of our committees and our team of expert assessors to grow the reach and authority of the Register. Working with the management team you will advise the Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive on strategies for the maintenance of standards for entry to the Register; for registrants’ continuing professional development (CPD) and fitness to practice (FtP).
The successful individual(s) will be responsible for overseeing our registration processes, managing the business of our relevant committees and overseeing the management of relevant processes, systems and published information. You will support the achievement of the AfN strategic plan through delivery of the business plan and risk management within your areas of strategic responsibility.
AfN welcomes applications from everyone regardless of age, sex, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability. All appointments will be made on merit, following a fair and transparent process, in line with the Equality Act 2010.
To manage registration functions including:
- Ensuring policies, procedures and processes are up to date, fit for purpose and correctly implemented
- Overseeing and managing the processing of registration applications and renewals, ensuring service standards are met and staff receive appropriate training to enable them to fulfil their job roles
- Ensuring the register and its supporting database are accurately maintained
- Ensuring published information about the register is up to date and accurate
- Managing the processing of complaints received under our fitness to practice function
- Advising and supporting the registration committee to enable it to fulfil its responsibilities
- Developing and implementing appropriate procedures to support the retention of registrants
- Seeking out and developing opportunities to grow the register
- Being an ambassador for the UKVRN, supporting AfN to promote the register and its value
- Supervising and leading a team to deliver high quality outputs
- Developing and managing a budget within the financial parameters of the organisation
- Working in conjunction with the Finance and Governance Manager ensure invoicing, payment and debt recovery processes are in place and working effectively
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- At least three years relevant work experience, ideally in a membership-based organisation or statutory/ voluntary regulator
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience in a Team Leader (or equivalent level) role, ideally within a regulatory team.
- Knowledge and experience of statutory/ voluntary regulation and registration or professional body management
- Experience of supporting a committee, preparing agenda and papers, writing minutes and advising committee chair/ members on key strategic issues
- Experience of managing applications and renewals; including receiving and processing applications, handling appeals, generating renewal notices and handling incoming fee payments
- Experience of managing and updating a CRM database
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, and a demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks, able to work on one or more complex projects at the same time
- Experience of maintaining confidential files and records, demonstrating a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Internet
- Ability to multi-task and meet short deadlines
- Ability to thrive in, and support, a culture of continuous improvement
- Experience of working for a professional/statutory body or membership association
- Knowledge of issues relating to statutory or voluntary protection of title
- Experience of developing and managing the implementation of standards, policies and procedures in relation to regulation and registration processes
- Sympathetic to the demands of a science-based profession
- Knowledge of and interest in nutrition science and/or experience of working for an evidence-based nutrition-related organisation
- Experience of leading and managing regulation processes including fitness to practise procedures
- Experience of updating and publishing content via a CMS
- Experience of managing and developing staff teams and leading volunteers, including planning and delivering volunteer training
- Experience of organising seminars/events/ AGMs
- Ability to provide a high standard of service and information accurately and promptly to internal and external customers
How to Apply
- Please complete the application for at: Online Application Form Link
- Closing Date for Applications: 5pm on 21st February 2023
- Interviews: w/c 28th February 2023
Please note: This position can potentially be combined with the Quality Assurance (Education) Team Leader position to create a full-time role for the right candidate.