Do you believe those looking to gain and extend their knowledge and understanding should be able to identify training that is evidence-based, containing suitable content and delivered by those with genuine expertise in the area?
If you are an experienced team leader with a passion for upholding high standards for the quality assurance of nutrition education training, we have a role for you.
The successful individual will be a key member of our team, leading on the delivery of our activities to quality assure nutrition education training. You will be an experienced team leader, with the drive and ability to develop and manage our Quality Assurance team. You will work closely with our committee members, supporting and advising the Chairs of our committees and our team of expert assessors to grow the reach and authority of our quality assurance schemes. Working with the management team you will advise the Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive on strategies for the maintenance and development of the standards, policies and procedures for our accreditation and approvals schemes.
The successful individual will be responsible for overseeing our accreditation, endorsement and certification processes, managing the business of relevant committees and overseeing the management of relevant processes, systems and published information. You will support the achievement of the AfN strategic plan through delivery of the business plan and risk management within your areas of strategic responsibility.
AfN welcomes applications from everyone regardless of age, sex, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability. All appointments will be made on merit, following a fair and transparent process, in line with the Equality Act 2010.
To manage the quality assurance of education provisions, including:
- Ensuring standards, policies, procedures and processes are up to date, fit for purpose and correctly implemented
- Managing the processing of applications for the accreditation of degree programmes and certification of wider workforce trainings, including initial applications, applications for renewal and annual review processes
- Managing the processing of complaints received under our complaints procedures
- Ensuring the published list and details of accredited programmes and certified courses is accurate and up to date, and the liaison between accreditation and registration functions is effective
- Oversee the process for approval of CPD courses, events and activities
- Supervising and leading a team to deliver high quality outputs
- Developing and managing a budget within the financial parameters of the organisation
- Working in conjunction with the Finance and Governance Manager ensure invoicing, payment and debt recovery processes are in place and working effectively
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- At least three years relevant work experience, ideally within higher education, Government, NGO, membership-based organisation or statutory/ voluntary regulator
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience in a Team Leader (or equivalent level) role, ideally within a quality assurance or higher education team.
- Knowledge and experience of Higher Education systems in the UK and the delivery of training programmes in a higher education context
- Experience of supporting a committee, preparing agenda and papers, writing minutes and advising committee chair/ members on key strategic issues
- Experience of managing quality assurance applications, appeals, annual monitoring and fee collection
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, and a demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks, able to work on one or more complex projects at the same time
- Experience of maintaining confidential files and records, demonstrating a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Internet
- Ability to multi-task and meet short deadlines
- Ability to thrive in, and support, a culture of continuous improvement
- Experience of working in higher education, local government or similar organisation
- Knowledge and experience of International Higher Education systems and the delivery or quality assurance of international training programmes in a higher education context
- Experience of developing and managing the implementation of standards, policies and procedures in relation to the quality assurance of education provisions
- Sympathetic to the demands of a science-based profession
- Knowledge of and interest in nutrition science and/or experience of working for an evidence-based nutrition-related organisation
- Experience of updating and publishing content via a CMS
- Experience of updating an managing records via a CRM
- Experience of managing and developing staff teams and leading volunteers, including planning and delivering volunteer training
- Experience of leading and managing approval processes including complaints procedures
- Experience of organising seminars/events/trainings
- Ability to provide a high standard of service and information accurately and promptly to internal and external customers
How to Apply
- Please complete the application for at: Online Application Form Link
- Closing Date for Applications: 5pm on 21st February 2023
- Interviews: w/c 28th February 2023
Please note: This position can potentially be combined with the Registration Team Leader position to create a full-time role for the right candidate.