AfN is seeking to appoint new Members to its Certification Committee. The Certification Committee oversees our certification of nutrition training for those working below nutritionist level within the Catering, Fitness & Leisure and Health & Social Care sectors. This is an exciting time to take up this role, as we work on the implementation of revised standards for certification and will provide an opportunity to help share the guidance and application of these standards.
The duties of Committee Members include:
- attending and participating in meetings of the Certification Committee;
- liaising with the AfN team to support activities to raise awareness of the certification scheme;
- participating in the development of the strategic and governance activities of certification
- responding to, making decisions and taking action on matters arising in between meetings for matters where the committee has delegated responsibility;
- occasionally undertake assessments and/ or mentor new assessors when appropriate (such as second opinion assessments)
- assisting with working groups set up by the Certification Committee to undertake projects related to course certification
- Three meetings per annum, each lasting around two hours, usually held online
- Meeting preparation – approx. one hour per meeting
- Follow up actions – occasional, approx. one to two hours per meeting
This is a voluntary position, with the majority of meetings held virtually. In line with the AfN expenses policy, reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed if in-person attendance is required for a meeting. Appointments are likely to be up to 3 years in the first instance, with a potential for extension for a further 2 terms.
This role is open to both UKVRN registrants (ANutr & RNutr) and non-registrants.
The successful candidate will
- Have an understanding of quality assurance and/ or certification of training courses
The successful candidate is likely to
- Have a working knowledge of AfN’s certification frameworks, standards and procedures.
- Have experience of contributing to the delivery of nutrition training to the wider (non-nutritionist) workforce
- Have experience of nutrition/nutrition training within the fitness & leisure, catering or health & social care sectors.
To indicate your willingness to be considered for this role please complete a Statement of Interest form, indication how your experience meets the criteria above, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.