As the key purpose of the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists (UKVRN) is to protect the public only those who demonstrate high ethical and quality standards, founded on evidence-based science are admitted to the Register.
All Registrants must adhere to, and are governed by, our Code of Ethics and Statement of Professional Conduct
and governance of the Register enables the Association to set proficiency and competency criteria, and promote Continuing Professional Development and safe conduct.
All Registrants must:
• Have specialist competencies in nutrition
• Follow the Code of Ethics and Statement of Professional Conduct
• Work within their own scope of practice
• Keep up to date through Continuing Professional Development and continuously improve their knowledge, skills and application of the science based practice of nutrition
• Know how to recognise the highest standards of scientific evidence in nutrition and apply these standards safely and effectively in their practice of nutrition
The Association is committed to firm but fair and transparent management of the UKVRN as clearly described in the Standard Operating Procedures for Registration.
For information on dealing with allegations about the professional conduct and competence of a Registered Nutritionist please click here